Fort4Fitness Spring Cycle Event
On Saturday, May 25th, Fort4Fitness will be hosting their 2nd Annual Spring Cycle event. The event included a ride through Fort Wayne and gave riders the option of three different mileage sections. Team NeighborLink volunteered last year to champion the finish line aid station, which was a great way to participate in the event. It was also our first event as a Team.
This year, Fort4Fitness has included a Criterium Race as part of the event that will start in the afternoon. As an effort to to continue solidifying our cycling team, we are going to assist by volunteering with the Criterium Race organizers.
Our plan is to ride in the morning event, have a booth space where we can tell our story and maybe sell some gear, and then volunteer with the afternoon race. We're finalizing those details with the Fort4Fitness staff and race director and will have those for you soon.
What You Can Do:
- Let us know if you want to ride in the morning with us. Email us and then register online. Don't forget to put "NLFW" in your registration as Charity Support.
- Race In the Event! - We'd love to see you race in the Crit race wearing your cycling gear if you have it. We are a USA Cycling Team now and that will allow that to happen.
- Booth Volunteers - Would you be interested in volunteering for an hour or two in our Team NeighborLink booth?
- Crit Race Volunteers - Would you be interested in volunteering with us at the race event? You don't need any special skills, just a willingness to show up and either hold a rope at an intersection or help with tear down.
Crit Race Volunteer Time Slots:
- 1 - 4pm - Monitor Intersections
- 3:45 - 6:45pm - Monitor Intersections
- 6:30 - 9:30pm - Monitor Intersections
- 9:30-11pm - Tear Down
We look forward to seeing you there and having Team NeighborLink well represented.