Team NL Midnight Running Series
If Team NL is going to do an event, it's going to be an event that no one else is doing. We've proven that with the Great 80 and our year-end celebrations for NeighborLink Fort Wayne. To be honest, the market for traditional cycling and running events are saturated and come with a lot of expectations that are hard to meet by the participants. Think about all the 5Ks there are these days.
We're bucking the trend again and launching the Team NeighborLink Midnight Running Series in collaboration with our friends at 3 Rivers Running Company. There will be more information coming about the specifics, but here is the basis for the idea and just a few bullets on the format.
Think about joining 30-40 other runners at midnight in downtown Fort Wayne to run at race pace for 2.5 - 4mi on open streets with only chalk arrows to show you the course. It's an unsanctioned, underground run/race with limited participants with the focus on running for the pure joy of it.
- Friday/Saturday Nights in June & July - Will work around other Schedules local races
- Each race starts at midnight in the downtown Fort Wayne area
- Limited number of series & individual race spots - 30-40 total runners each race
- Different 5k-ish route each race - secret until the day of event
- Open Course - All traffic rules apply
- Event & Series Winners - Men & Women - Possible Additional Categories
More details to come, but get excited about running a race at midnight and having all your friends say, "What!?"